Trident Castle is an 8-bedroom, 40,000 ft² Castle with a staff of seven. It stands on 7 acres of a peninsula in Port Antonio, Jamaica.
A 22 ft. long banquet table that seats 30 people, with a 10 ft. high Baccarat crystal chandelier above it, a pool, a helicopter pad and even a private chapel for weddings make Trident unique in the Caribbean. There are also villas for 40 more people down a private pathway, only a block and a half from the Castle so your wedding, business conference or family reunion is gathered in one spot. The Trident Castle is located on Pegg Point, at the mouth of Turtle Crawle Harbour. This bay was used to keep or “corral” turtles in pens after their capture. During the Spanish colonization of Jamaica, this bay was named Puerto Escondido (Hidden Harbour). It was the kind of secluded anchorage, which gave protection to pirate ships.
This unique castle has a ballroom, banquet hall, two living rooms, eight bedrooms with full bathrooms, terraces, courtyard and served by eight full-time staff. A helicopter pad, Romanesque pool and private Chapel are dotted along this 7 acre property. The Castle was designed and built as private residence by Mr. Earl Levy, hotelier, architect and builder who has a passion for old structures and the good life. It is one of the largest private homes in the Caribbean, construction began in 1979, and lasted approximately ten years.
The main hall reflects Jamaica’s British heritage. It is fashioned on the concept of Britain’s Clandon Park which was designed by a Venetian architect in 1730. With it’s 47-foot ceiling and black-and-white checkerboard floor is where the gala dinners are usually organized. The Great Hall has the perfect proportions for a reception room and is known as one of the best acoustically designed music halls in Jamaica. It has hosted several classical and jazz concerts and numerous unforgettable parties.
The Dining Room contains the longest, formal dining table in Jamaica; it can easily seat 26 and 30 in a pinch. Above the table is a Baccarat chandelier. Various Jamaican fruit, flowers and birds decorate the grand tray ceiling.
Books, telephone & TV are all available in the warm and comfortable studio beside the dining room. The Drawing Room is also beautifully decorated with plaster work. The piano is a Broad wood, built in approximately 1850 in London. The preferred piano of Ludwig Von Beethoven. The building’s style is influenced by European taste, although it also reflects the traditional architecture of Jamaica’s great houses.
The pool, on the east side of the castle, provides a bar in one corner and a large terrace overlooking the ocean. Passing the fountain you can visit the first two bedrooms located at the main floor, the White and the Pink room.
• Passing the fountain and the walkway we reach the White Room consists of 1 King Size, 4 poster bed. This room overlooks the pool side and naturally the ocean.
• The Pink Room consists of 2 Twin Beds (4 poster), and A/C. The wall of the bathroom boasts a most unusual mural which is the artist’s conception of a “stairway to heaven”. The painting gives the 3-dimensional illusion of steps leading up into the sky.
• The Children’s Room and the West Pink Room are located on the 2nd floor. A small iron staircase takes you to the Round Room on the 3rd floor.
• The Tower Room on the 3rd floor has a 4 poster double bed. The private terrace offers the most magnificent view of all the rooms.
Each Bedroom has phone, private bathroom and ceiling fan.
• From the dining room is possible visit two other rooms, the Princess and the Wicker rooms. The Princess Bedroom is located on the second floor in the Main Tower area, consists of a Queen size Bed. This is a round room giving it a very unique ambiance and feel.
• The Wicker room is located on the 3rd floor in the Main Tower area. All the windows are overlooking at the ocean and offer to the visitors a spectacular view.
• The Master bedroom on the upper floor is 32 feet by 28 feet with a 17-foot high ceiling and a sea front balcony that runs the full length of the room. The room consisting of a King Size, 4 poster bed, and a very large bathroom.
An original round kitchen is available for our guests. Also a huge ice maker is ready for your guests cocktails.