I never thought I’d be the kind of person to host a virtual trivia night. Lockdown, it seems, got the better of me. After two weeks in lockdown here in South Africa, we’ve been really missing our friends here in Cape Town. So we decided to bit the bullet and host a Tuesday Trivia Night for them. So far it was the best thing we’ve done during lockdown to feel connected with our friends we normally see on a weekly basis.
So, are you wondering how to host a trivia night on zoom?
We’ve got a complete guide for you and better yet, I’ve poured my heart and soul into creating a downloadable quiz for you so you don’t have to do all the hard work! Fitting for my blog, it is a travel themed quiz night to host with your travel-loving friends!
How to Host a Trivia Night on Zoom
- Download zoom. It is a really small file/quick download. This took me about 2 minutes to complete. Oh yeah, and its free!
- Schedule the event. As the host, you can schedule the trivia night in advance and send an invite via email to all your friends. They won’t need to download anything.
- Download the travel trivia quiz by clicking the link. There are 6 rounds of questions, 10 questions per round. With a few wines involved, this will take around an hour to complete.
- Share your screen. The way the quiz works is to download the PDF, open the file to start the quiz and share your screen with your friends (as the host). As you flick through each slide, you can read out the question and set a timer for each question. We gave our friends 15 seconds per question to keep the quiz moving along.
- Mute microphones. In order for the quiz to work, you’ll benefit from muting the microphones of your friends so they can discuss answers in private. As the host your microphone will remain on so you can read the answers out loud for each slide.
Et voila! Happy Quizzing!
We hope you enjoyed our guide for how to host a quiz night on zoom.
Feel free to share your quiz night with the